Sunday, October 27 at 2:00 PM
Join us for High Tea and Sisterhood Board member elections
Upcoming Sisterhood Events
Sisterhood membership is free to all women who are members of Congregation Brith Achim.
The purpose of Sisterhood is to:
- Promote in every way possible the welfare of the Congregation and its Religious School;
- Stress ethical and religious practices in everyday living;
- Further Jewish education in the family;
- Create and foster Jewish sentiment in the home, stimulating the observances of home ceremonials and the dietary laws;
- Stress the observance of the Sabbath and festivals;
- Foster a sense of communal responsibility on the part of members;
- Sponsor and encourage youth activities and affiliations;
- Sponsor and promote a general program of education and cultural activities in the Congregation;
- Contribute to the support and encouragement of Jewish and Hebrew education;
- Participate in activities to strengthen relationships with Israel;
- Engage in such civic and philanthropic activities as may be approved by the Board of Directors.
We meet monthly, usually the 3rd Sunday of the month at 3:00 PM, in the shul to discuss what activities we would like to do.