Upcoming Sisterhood Events
Sisterhood membership is free to all women who are members of Congregation Brith Achim.
The purpose of Sisterhood is to:
- Promote in every way possible the welfare of the Congregation and its Religious School;
- Stress ethical and religious practices in everyday living;
- Further Jewish education in the family;
- Create and foster Jewish sentiment in the home, stimulating the observances of home ceremonials and the dietary laws;
- Stress the observance of the Sabbath and festivals;
- Foster a sense of communal responsibility on the part of members;
- Sponsor and encourage youth activities and affiliations;
- Sponsor and promote a general program of education and cultural activities in the Congregation;
- Contribute to the support and encouragement of Jewish and Hebrew education;
- Participate in activities to strengthen relationships with Israel;
- Engage in such civic and philanthropic activities as may be approved by the Board of Directors.
We meet monthly, usually the 3rd Sunday of the month at 3:00 PM, in the shul to discuss what activities we would like to do.